Healthy Teeth and Gums
Useful Tips for the Ultimate Smile
It is important to maintain good oral hygiene by taking care of your teeth and your gums. We all know that we should visit a dentist regularly (recommended twice a year) but it is also important what you do between these visits.
Prevention is the best course of action when it comes to dental health not only does it help impede problems from arising but it will also cost you less when you next visit the dentist.
The most effective way to prevent these problems is by following these basic steps:
- Brush your teeth twice daily
- Floss at least once a day to get to those areas your brush can't
- Use toothpaste or polish that contains fluoride
Other useful Tips
- Drinking water that contains fluoride (this is especially important for children under the age of twelve)
- Try to limit snacks between meals and avoid snacks packed with sugar including soft drinks
- Tobacco, coffee, tea and red wine are among the common causes of tooth stains. So try to limit your intake of these as much as possible.
- After using a whitening treatment such as Pearl Drops 2 Day White, you can help maintain your smile by using an everyday whitening toothpaste such as Pearl Drops Extra White Specialist Whitening Toothpaste.
- If you can't get to a toothbrush, chew sugar-free gum or eat a mint instead.
- Take care of your lips and use lip balm